I am sure that you and your family have enjoyed some of the many opportunities that have been on offer already at GNLC.
I have enjoyed interacting with the students and parents in a variety of situations where the following are only some of the highlights:
- The Twilight Family Picnic
- Meet the Principal Morning Tea
- Basketball Practice
- Knockout Cricket
- Swimming Carnival
- Reading with the Preps
- Sharing cultural backgrounds with 8EM
- Learning about Friends with 1JM
- Presenting Library monitor badges at Middle Years Assembly
- Youth Group at St Philips
- Musical Rehearsals (but trying not to spoil the surprise)
- Breakfast Club
- Year 12 Philosophy class
It has been a term full of opportunities and I still have not experienced a camp!
You will be aware that Child Safety is a priority in all schools and one we take very seriously in our College. We need to work with the whole community to keep our children safe and will be looking for your support in a number of areas to minimise the possible risks.
Things you can do now include:
- Driving safely in the carparks and on nearby roads
- Obeying the speed limit and signage
- Not double parking
- Not accessing the grounds via the area by the oval (these gates will be closed at drop off and pickup times)
- Discussing with children safe practices when walking to or from school or using buses
We need to consider our current practices to further minimise the potential risks which will include, monitoring carefully, who is on campus during the school hours of 8.15am to 4pm. This will require balancing our enjoyment and appreciation of parent interaction in the yard with our legal obligation to know, at all times, who is on the grounds. We will appreciate your support as we explore our strategies to keep our children safe.